Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gluten-Free Cake!

I've been asked more than once, since living in the Bay Area, to make a gluten-free cake. With Celiac Disease seemingly more and more common -- and people just becoming generally more sensitive to wheat products -- gluten-free seems like an important path to follow. I've been researching and experimenting, and tonight's cake turned out... well... delicious! I was shocked!

The photo of my creation from this evening is an honest-to-goodness gluten-free wedding cake: Pound Cake surrounded by a Swiss Buttercream frosting (lightly "zested" with some fresh lemon and grapefruit) and decorated with my Dark Chocolate Ganache. I didn't think it could happen.. but what can I say? ... Gluten-free Cake? Yes We Can!

I know I have some special, newly-engaged, friends who will be interested in this discovery.

If you have any need or want for some gluten-free cake in your life, email katiespastries@gmail.com! I'm happy to customize frosting flavors and decoration styles.