Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mini Wedding Cakes

I've always been a little bit obsessed with wedding cakes. Well, let's be real... VERY obsessed with wedding cakes. There's something about the multiple tiers of cake, the ridiculous abundance of fluffy frosting, and the elaborate decorations that just mesmerizes me. Sometimes it's a visceral negative fascination: "How could anyone possibly think that red frosting bows are classy on a pastel, fondant-covered cake with fake pillars holding up each layer??" But more often than not, it is in admiration that I oggle the decadent dessert we call the wedding cake. In fact, I am hoping to one day be a professional wedding cake maker (!). This weekend, I made my very first attempt -- a practice wedding cake... mini-size. My skills need some major development, but the project was fun, the cake delicious, and the minature nature of the whole thing... just plain cute. If you have any need for a mini-wedding cake (ahem, my newly engaged friends), drop me an email.