Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tart Triathlon

My landlady's son came into town for the weekend. He planned a Bar-B-Q for his old Berkeley high school buddies he hadn't seen since his move to L.A. Knowing his mom was renting a room to a Pastry Chef, he sent me a sweet email asking if I would make a dessert for his soiree. Still acquaintances, he is not yet familiar with the way I do things. When someone asks to me make A dessert, inevitably I hear MANY desserts. And so it happened as it always does: I made three different types of tarts and two kinds of homemade ice cream. 

The Berkeley Bar-B-Q Dessert Menu: 

Almond Pate Sucre Tart with Chocolate Ganache Filling
Layered Tart with Raspberries, Chocolate Ganache, and Fresh Glazed Berries
Rose Pastry Cream Tart with Fresh Blueberries
Creamy Smooth Almond Ice Cream
Chocolate and Almond Chunk Ice Cream